The process begins with an initial consultation followed by a thorough review of the student’s educational history, evaluations and educational/testing accommodations.
The services provided are as follows:
- Identify and recommend accommodations for standardized testing (PSAT/SAT/AP/ACT/ISEE) which are substantiated by the student’s psychoeducational evaluation.
- Identify additional “standardized test-specific” accommodations that may be needed by the student, based on documentation/evaluations from physicians, specialists, therapists, etc.
- Determine if prior evaluations/reports are current and sufficient based on the testing organization’s guidelines and whether any re-evaluations are required.
- Provide recommendations for additional documentation to support the accommodations request.
- Recommend revisions to student’s educational plan (IEP/504 and/or private school educational plan) to include all of the “standardized- test specific” accommodations.
- Draft a cover letter for College Board and/or ACT which summarizes all of the requested accommodations and substantiation.
- Organize and assemble the required substantiating materials into a “Comprehensive Substantiation Packet” in order for the school to apply for accommodations.
- Provide referrals for outstanding psychological testing, academic tutoring, skill building, essay writing and standardized test preparation.
- Provide guidance on the college search process as related to accommodations accessibility and anonymity in the search process.